Cashews are the best dairy replacement when it comes to making creamy sauces like sour cream. I am obsessed with this stuff, I think it is even better than the real thing and is so simple and easy to make with just 4 ingredients and a bit of water!
This cashew sour cream goes great with my plant-based taco recipe but is also perfect for any Mexican dish, it compliments spicy food excellently. The lemon juice and apple cider vinegar give it a tangy taste and the salt adds depth of flavour. I can’t wait for you to try it!
HOW TO MAKE CASHEW SOUR CREAM
See recipe at bottom of the page for full instructions and measurements.
All you need to do is add all ingredients to the blender and add enough water to cover the cashews.
Blend on high until it is completely smooth, it may take a couple of minutes. You will need to taste test and if you can still feel tiny grains of cashew it needs more blending!
Once it has reached its delicious creamy consistancey pour it out into a dish to serve and garnish with chopped chives if you like. I aways prepare this first and then let it sit in the fridge while I make the rest of the meal so it can chill and thicken but it can also be served straight way if you prefer.
- 85g raw cashews (soaked 1-2 hours)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- water to blend
- chopped chives (optional garnish)
- Drain the cashews and add to the blender with the rest of the ingredients and enough water to cover the cashews. Blend on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, it might take a couple of minutes but you want to make there are no grainy peices of cashew left.
- Pour into serving dish, top with chives if using and let chill in the fridge while you prepare the rest of your meal.
Did you make this recipe? Leave your feedback in the comments below or tag @indiladybaby on Instagram and hashtag #indiladybaby